#oracle #business #intelligence #reporting #tool
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
OBIEE Upgrade Monday, October 17, 2016
A major upgrade to Stanford’s enterprise reporting and business intelligence (OBIEE) system (from version 11G to version 12C) goes live on Monday, October 17,2016 .
The upgrade will bring Stanford’s enterprise reporting infrastructure up to date and provide the following new/enhanced features:
- Enhanced graph and chart capabilities
- Catalog search option (quick search for elements in subject area)
- Capability for University IT to add new features such as Visual Analyzer and Data Mashup in the future
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) is the next-generation business intelligence system for enterprise reporting at Stanford. Users can access a full range of reporting and analysis tools via OBIEE including interactive dashboards, ad hoc queries, financial reports, and search.
The reporting and analysis content available via OBIEE covers a wide range of data including:
- Authority Manager and Workgroup Manager
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Faculty Inquiry Tool
- Faculty Ad-hoc Reports
- Finance — Payroll and Labor Management
- Finance — Expense Requests and SU Credit Card Activity
- Finance — Reference Data and Inquiry
- Finance — Consolidated Expenditure Reporting (Available April 2016)
- Finance — Spend Analytics
- Finance — Capital Accounting Debt Management System
- HR — Metrics, HR Operations, Benefits, and Payroll
- HR — Time and Leave (Timecard entries and leave accruals)
- HR — Training and Registration (STARS)
- IT Services billing
- Research Administration (Pre-Award)
- Residential Dining Enterprises
- Space Management
- Student — Administration and Records
- Student — Grad and Undergrad Admissions
- Student — Financial Aid
- Student — Financial Services
- Student — Graduate Financial Support
- Student — Analytics (SIRIS)
Access to the OBIEE portal is authorized via the Authority Manager application by the respective department stakeholders.
AS offers an Introduction to the Stanford BI Portal (AS-6005) class via STARS on a monthly basis.
Last modified October 14, 2016
At a glance
- Must have an active SUNet ID
- Must have authorization granted through Authority Manager
- May be used with Low and Moderate Risk Data. as defined by the Information Security Office.
Stanford University. Stanford. California 94305. Copyright Complaints